Tuesday, August 9, 2011

28 years since our blind date...best decision ever!

28 years ago my Aunt Laurel set Bill and I up on a blind date.  Her boyfriend at the time was one of Bill's friends and the two of them were headed off to college in a few weeks and they wanted to go out on one last double date...one problem though... Bill did not have a girlfriend so Laurel found him a date..me...I was sort of dating someone but we were on the outs that week so I agreed!  In fact, I had had an argument that very day with that boyfriend and I was pretty sure it was over since he too was leaving for college.  Bill picked us up at my grandparents house since Laurel lived there.  After Bill finished helping my grandma hang up some curtains the three of us went to Laurel's boyfriend Shawn's house.  We went out to dinner and then we all went for a long walk around a pond.  Bill and I talked non stop until it was time for Laurel and I  to be home. It was a perfect night.  Bill and I then spent the next two weeks together every single day/night. When it was time for him to leave for college I went with his parents to drop him off at the dorms in Dekalb at Northern Illinois University.  Bill came home most weekends to see me and we dated for the next year and a half.  We took a break at the end of my senior year but, in modern terms...Bill was a stalker!  I would find notes on my car windshield, music tapes in my car and he would show up at the most interesting times.  We both dated other people for a short time but in the winter of my freshmen year at TCU we reunited for good.  I transferred to Iowa State University so that we could go to school together for two years.  We had a ton of fun during our dating years...and I am a huge fan of blind dates!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment