Taking pictures and keeping the blog up are just a few of the things that has not happened much since I started working full time...we have been super busy with soccer, school events, choir, a play and lacrosse. Bill and the kids have been amazing during this time of transition...they have made lunches, cooked meals, done laundry, cleaned the house and basically done it all while I have been figuring out how to be back in the classroom. I often leave before 7AM and don't walk back in the house until 6pm! I finally see some light at the end of the tunnel and hope to be leaving my building before 5 several days a week!! I thought I would recap a few things just in case I don't come up with photos from some of the events in our lives the last two months.
Makenna is playing soccer on a select soccer team called The Diamonds. She plays goalie and forward and is so fun to watch. She is a natural out there and has amazing instincts. The team had a pretty good Fall season and will be playing indoor this winter to keep their skills up. Makenna also started training for triathlons.She has been interested for a while and finally convinced Bill to talk to a coach they had met this summer. She works out with a Coach Denver and a group of girls three times a week. In her first meet of the season she place first in at least one of her events beating 31 other girls her age. In her first triathlon she took first out of a group of over 100 and then she went right to a soccer game where she scored two goals! In her next swim meet she placed top 4 in all events and personal bests in two of her swims. The Diamonds participated in a 5K as a team and Makenna placed 2nd in her age group! So, it is pretty safe to say we have a really good athlete on our hands!! One of the best parts about sports with Makenna is that she never complains about practices or games or meets...she lives for them and tries to be sure that we are on time to every single activity.
Blake made the competitive traveling lacrosse team in our town. We are very proud of him and all the hard work he did this summer to prepare himself. The Fall is tournaments and scrimmages only with the Spring being games several times a week. We have been to one tournament in McKinney and one in Houston and we will head to one in Austin the first weekend in December. Blake practices three times a week and often works out with the high school team. Blake has had the best grades of his middle school career for the first two grading periods. Basketball has also started in the last few weeks and it has been amazing how much improvement Blake has made over this year. His team, the Quest Cougars is off to a great start winning all but one of thier games so far. The hardest for Blake to do besides get to all the practices is to keep in mind which sport he is playing...we have seen a few lacrosse style checks out on the court and lots of slashing calls...especially when he goes from lacrosse practice to a basketball game!!! Blake loves playing on a team sport for his school and I would venture to say it is one of the highlights of middle school for him!!!
Maddie was in a play called Honk...she was a reporter and she got to ad lib on stage which was fun for her. She loves being a part of the theater and is in the process of trying to find a new organization to work with. Maddie also takes two dance classes a week ...a great way to stay in shape! Maddie has been a huge help to me since going to back to work. She often takes care of the house before she leaves for school and watches the little girls if Bill is out of town. I could not imagine life without her!!!!
Coulter continues to work at Kroger and is pretty proud of himself for being one of the fastest cashiers in the store!! I love getting texts from friends who tell me they just went through his line at the store.
Merideth tags along for the most part...she did play soccer this season but we are pretty sure it was the last time for her!!! She is so much smaller than most girls that I often would laugh out loud and say she looks like someones little sister out there!!
I am hoping to get better at taking pictures again and documenting life...for now I feel like at least I have the blog all caught up!!
No comments:
Post a Comment