Thanksgiving is a holiday but it is also an attitude of the heart. For years I have read scripture that tells me to be thankful in all things and to give thanksgiving even when I don't feel like it...to be honest, some days that is easier said than done. I have much to be thankful for and yet some days I find myself complaining or feeling like things are not fair...perspective is often the thing I need most on days like that. It is amazing how turning to God and His word can completely calm my spirit and my heart and allow me to carry on in such a way that is pleasing to the Lord. I decided that this would be a good time to make a list of things I am thankful for...
1. God and the relationship I have with Him.
2. Bill...he blesses me everyday with his devotion
3.My kids...each one is a miracle and has taught me more about love and life than I could have possibly imagined.
4. My home...its warm and cozy and the place that I feel the best.
5. My family...each one plays an important role in who I am and who I am becoming.
6. Friends...ladies who have known me a long time and still like me, love me and support me...even when I am distant and unloving and busier then I can ever remember.
7. Prayer warriors...I could not have survived these last few years of change without my friends who pray with and for me and my family and who bless me with allowing me to pray for them.
8. Answered prayers...so many over the last few months that have caused me to just say..."Only God"
9. A job...getting back into the classroom has been smoother than I ever could have imagined. I also get to work with a great group of people and with a sweet group of students.
10.A college education...at a university that excelled at teaching students how to be passionate teachers.
11. Gateway Church...it is big but the messages and music seem to be just for me week after week!
There is much more but for now I will end...I am blessed beyond what I deserve and I am grateful that I serve a God who loves me without ceasing.
No comments:
Post a Comment