Makenna was in her first play at school this year. She had a speaking part and also sang in the chorus. I made her costume...which is amazing if you know that I am craft challenged! The play was called How the Penguins Saved Christmas. Santa loses his memory and the penguins have to help him remember who he is and what day it is. I was so proud of her and all the kids and grateful for a gifted music teacher who loves the students and wants to see them do their best! It was amazing and a perfect addition to our holiday fun.
Finding a beak was the hardest part of this whole experience...thank goodness for Bill...once again he got creative and poof, we had a beak!! I am pretty sure that in the end, Makenna hated the beak and wished she did not have it...but up until showtime she HAD to have a realistic looking beak!
Makenna and her buddy Laura
Merideth loved the show and was so proud of her big sister.
This is Nate and Makenna...the twin penguins. Nate and Makenna have been in class together every year we have been at Liberty. Nate's mom helped me figure out how to put this all together...thanks Kim!
No comments:
Post a Comment