Saturday, September 15, 2012

After 8.5 Years, it is time...

Now that everyone is back in school and I am not working full time, it is time to do some serious purging,updating and renovating around our house.  We have lived in this house for 8 and a half years...the longest we have ever stayed in one place...I am ready for it to feel a little different since moving is not in our immediate future. Our life is BUSY, to say the least, so I am going to have to be patient and take a slow and steady approach to these projects...so, I am hoping the rest of my family is ready for it!!



The first project that we tackled was to repair a hole in the wall that a certain 16 year old created when she was practicing her turns as she walked out of her bedroom...Bill decided she needed to learn how to patch walls so this is her contribution to our game room redo!~


The above two pictures are all the items that came out of the upstairs part of our game room...oh my oh my!  Some of it went up in the attic because we are going to be very fun grandparents some day and honestly I just was not ready to part with some of the memories!





This is the almost empty upstairs play area...Merideth was drawing plans for where she wanted things to go!!

I moved this chair out of Coulter's old room and placed it in the play area. I was thinking/hoping that someone will curl up with a good book to read or do homework.  Dash was tired after all that work so he found  it a comfy spot and kept us company.


The finished room...a nice place for the kids to play and do homework! There are still a few little things that are going to happen in here but that won't happen until some other rooms in the house get underway...ah, the joys of cleaning and rearranging one room always lead to more of the same in other rooms!


The pool table can be seen again!!  Now we are ready for some serious games of pool with our family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment