Friday, December 27, 2013

Advent 2013

I love to celebrate Advent as a family.  Many years we did a nightly devotional, sometimes we did a daily reading and some years we got started but allowed our busy lives to get in the way....this year I was determined to at the very least do a weekly family time on Sunday.  I pulled out all my books that I have collected over the last 20 years and ultimately decided to go with a new one...
Ann Voskamp is one of my favorite writers so we used her newest book as a starting point for our family time to focus on the real meaning of Christmas.  I loved her topics and her questions at the end of each entry.  The kids took turns reading her selections and we all answered the questions and had good conversations.
I am bummed that I did not take any pictures of our family sitting around the table...I have to get better at that.


No comments:

Post a Comment