Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Madison's Golden Birthday...18 on the 18 th

I can hardly believe that Madison is 18...just yesterday she was this little girl who would only wear dresses and loved to play with dolls and color. Now Madison is deciding on college for next year, making plans for a summer filled with fun experiences, working, stage managing, and going to dance parties!  Madison is a confident young lady. She is responsible, organized, helpful, loyal,funny, and one of the most precious gifts we have ever received.


We had fun celebrating this golden birthday with her...it included lots of gold decorations, gifts and cards and even two different birthday celebrations.  Madison loves a theme so receiving 18 gifts on her 18th birthday was perfect for this gift giving girl!




Several years ago I read a book about mile markers in our kids lives. We have done different things to celebrate the big milestones that each of our kids reach such as a trip to Washington DC with Bill when they turn 13.  Since turning 18 is considered being an adult and usually it means you are about to move on to a new chapter in life I have been planning on making a book for Madison for about two years.  The book contained letters from 18 influential women in her life...we actually got a few extras but they were just icing on the cake!  I chose a Paris theme because traveling is high on the list of things Madison hopes to do in the next chapter of her life.  I was so touched by the letters that Maddie received and knew that they would be something that she could refer back to when life was confusing.


We love you Madison Laurel McGraw!

No comments:

Post a Comment