Merideth has been talking about her birthday for quite some time now...she decided that there was not much she wanted ...the ideas she came up with where fairly simple. She said she wanted to rearrange her furniture, get rid of some of the baby items that were still in her room and paint the walls green and blue and purple. Now, we had been planning on doing this anyways so it seemed like a no brainer...except that she seriously wants all her walls to be a different color including her ceiling! So for now we have not settled on a color for the walls but thanks to the generosity of Grandpa and Grandma she got all new bedding and a new lamp! The only other item on her wish list was a pie in the face!!!! I never said much about it to anyone but I surprised Merideth at the end of her family party. I told her to wait outside for one more present...I got the plate full of the last bit of birthday cake all smashed up and covered it with cool whip! As soon as I walked outside the big kids figured out what was going on and got super excited to see who that was for...Merideth caught a glimpse of it and started giggling right away! So we counted to three and on two I smashed a pie in her face...she turned her head so it was mostly on one side but all the kids picked up what fell on the floor and we smashed it into her hair!!! She loved every single second of this experience and said it was the best day ever!! Her big brother helped her get cleaned up by throwing her in the pool after Daddy sprayed her with a hose. A super fun day with a super easy granted request.
No comments:
Post a Comment