Monday, July 22, 2013

One Direction Concert...a Birthday Surprise!

 Merideth loves One Direction! She sings the songs whenever possible...so when my friend Lindsay called and asked me if I wanted to go to the concert with her and bring our daughters my first response was..."I am not really a concert kind of girl...in fact I think the last concert I went to was Amy Grant (but Bill reminded me that I went to the greatest concert ever...U2 about 8 years ago!) but let me ask Bill." My thought was Bill would say no to the expense for our almost 8 year old.  Much to my surprise he said" I think you should go! Merideth will be in heaven... let's do it as her birthday present and call it done!"  I was shocked.  I called Lindsay back and said yes and the whole thing was left in her hands...I assumed we would be in the nose bleed section and that she was just kidding that I might want to buy ear plugs. So for the next two months the family kept the concert a big secret...whispering about and wondering if she would like it or not.  About a week or so before the concert I found out that the concert had been sold out and that we were lucky to get the tickets...hmmm news to me.  A few days before the concert, Lindsay told Erin about the concert but that under no circumstances was she to say anything to Merideth...I had my doubts that we could pull this off since the love to call each other but somehow we did.  On the morning of the concert I told Merideth she was going on a scavenger hunt to find her first birthday present...


BFF's since birth!


Look how close we were!

Lindsay (the lady with the connections!) and BFF Erin!

Look at this priceless face...this was just as they came onstage!

I am certain that Merideth will never forget this fun experience.  I really enjoyed myself...surprisingly!





No comments:

Post a Comment