Tuesday, July 30, 2013

San Diego

Bill and I went to San Diego for our anniversary. It has been a while since we have gotten away and we were more than ready for time alone!  We stayed at the St. Regis at Dana Point for two nights...let me just say this... it was incredible...we did not want to leave.
The view from our room...to the hotel's private beach. The only way to access it is by taking a golf cart taxi down there...super fun!
 





 After our stay at the St. Regis, we headed down to San Diego for the remainder of our trip. We stayed at The US Grant..a historic hotel built by the son of President Grant over 102 years ago.  It was exquisite!  (sadly, I did not take any pictures of it!)






Our first night in San Diego we found this great resturant called Croce's...it had amazing jazz music and fabulous food! We actually talked about eating there every night but decided we need to venture out...!







We spent one whole day at Coronado Island...we had been there 22 years ago with some good friends and it was just as special as we remembered!  Riding bikes around was a blast and might have been our favorite activity other than just sitting on the beach reading!

 

 

So, I have started to drink beer in the last couple of years...I usually only drink light beer so when the waiter suggested I give this a try I was a little concerned.  Bill and I tasted them together and honestly...I am just not a true beer drinker...I prefer my Michelob Ultra hands down!










After all these years together we still have fun!  We love to travel but at the end of the day we know how blessed we are already to have been to so many amazing places in this world...no matter what, our favorite place is home with our kids!  We still have big plans for traveling but there really is no place like home!

My true love, best friend, soul mate...a gift from God!






No comments:

Post a Comment