Saturday, April 9, 2011

Blake and Bill go to Washington DC and watch history unfold!!



I am not going to write to much since I am asking Blake to do a guest post for me regarding his trip...but I want to be sure a few highlights make it here in case it takes a while to get it done.  When our kids turn 13 Bill takes them by themselves to Washington DC for a weekend.  The kids get to plan the places they go and then Bill makes sure a few things are in place such as a tour of the Capital with our Senator, a visit to the White House and Lincoln Memorial.  This year the guys left the day before the government was threatening to shut down...we were not even sure they would get to see the places that were on Blake's list if they did not see it on Friday.  It tuned out to the best trip yet...first Blake got interviewed by CNN...a cameraman and reporter followed them around for a while asking them questions about how he would feel if the government shut down...pretty exciting first day don't you think?  Then the next day Blake was in the right place at the right time and he got to be up close and personal as the President made an unscheduled stop at Lincoln's Memorial on Saturday.  The pictures he got were amazing...I am sure there is more he will share but for now I want to be sure to record this cause I am pretty sure that Blake will remember this weekend for the rest of his life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment