Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Birthday ...was PERFECT!!!

My birthday gifts from the family.... included a trip to Houston to see the Cubs play the Astros!!

The decorated table...

Celebrating!


This year I did not really ask my kids for anything...when they asked I said whatever you think I will like.  They out did themselves...Let me start by saying that my awesome husband did all the laundry the night before my birthday since our washing machine is on the fritz and he did not want me doing the 9 loads of laundry that had piled up over the weekend!  The kids folded everything and put all the clothes in the right places.  While I was taking Makenna to school Bill and the rest of the kids cleaned up the kitchen and tidied up the whole house so that I could have a chore free day!! WOW...even my bed got made by the birthday fairies.  I went to Bible study and my sweet friends remembered my day with some delicious banana bread and candles. After that , I spent the day doing a few things that needed to be done no matter what day it is.I received lots of phone calls and texts and Facebook messages wishing me a happy day....amazing how a few quick words can lift you up higher than you imagined.  I picked Merideth up from school and we stayed at the playground a little bit longer than usual...it was a treat for me to just watch her play with her friends and enjoy the beautiful day.  We arrived home just a little bit in front of Bill and the other kids who came in carrying Thai food from my favorite restaurant. We ate an early dinner as a family and then I opened up the gifts that were waiting for me. Bill had picked up some beautiful cupcakes that we all enjoyed for dessert.  After the little celebration we headed out to a soccer game to watch our sweet Merideth do her thing.  It was a perfect way to spend a birthday...being loved and cared for by my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment