He has always been great about doing sweet things to remind me that I am his one and only and that our life is better than he ever imagined. Not only on Valentine's Day but lots of days throughout the year. He makes our marriage a priority and for that I am grateful. I can not remember a time that Bill did not do something for me on Valentines Day but I know he prefers that I don't buy him anything cause gift receiving is not a big deal to him...he usually has other things on his mind! Bill was out of town until the middle of the day today and I just knew he would come walking through the door with a beautiful bouquet....well I was wrong. It did not really bother me cause I knew that he likely had a plan for something later and I was right...he suggested that we go out for dinner and a movie. Before we could make that happen there were a few errands to run and kids to be picked up from school so he suggested we do them together. He asked me to drive cause he had several phone calls to make before a certain time and I was fine with that. So, we walked out into the garage and look what was waiting for me!!!
NO...he did not buy me a car but he rented it for the weekend! He has been trying to convince me for years that we need to have a fun car to drive and in the last year or so I have started to waiver so he decided he would try to completely push me over to his side with this fun car! It did not take long for me to know that the size of this little beauty was perfect for me...not to big and not to small. I surprised the girls and picked them up from school in it and they both freaked out. They loved riding in it and wanted to know if we could buy it. Of course I am now the new favorite when it comes to who drives who where so I am going to enjoy it for the weekend!
Since Valentine's Day landed on a Thursday we were able to go out on an actual date that night because no one had to be anywhere so we were free to leave the 4 kids home to enjoy some dinner on their own.Bill and I went out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants in Southlake called Brio. We had a wonderful dinner and then headed over to the theater to Safe Haven....great movie! We had a blast driving in the convertible and totally enjoyed our evening out.


No comments:
Post a Comment