Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day with our Sweethearts

 Valentine's Day was celebrated over two days this year.  First up was the First grade party which was the day before...I am one of the room moms so it was super fun to organize and participate in.  We decorated cookies and let the kids put as much stuff as they wanted on top of their cookie...oh my, some of the kids were crazy with the toppings while others just put the bare minimum on top!
Me and my girl...I love this kid so very much and while it is crazy that I have been a room for over 16 years, I still have just as much fun watching my kids enjoy the festivities!


Cute story about the box...Merideth wanted to make this Valentine person out of several boxes that all her classmates would have fun putting valentine cards into. When we started talking to the creative kids in our house they convinced her that she needed to wait to build something cause that is supposed to be saved for the older grades!  Traditions...in 3-5th grade there is a competition for the boxes but in 1st it is supposed to be all about decorations according the kids who have been there and done that!  So in the end Merideth opted for hearts galore!

The parents had homework for the week as well...we were supposed to write a note to our child to let them know how much we love them and then the teacher read them out loud in class before hanging them up in the hallway...Merideth said she loved hearing what I wrote and that it made her feel special.


Bingo was a big hit...the kids loved that we used M & M's as game pieces.

My sweet and often very sassy and confident Mer Mer!


I decorated the table and filled it with sweet surprises for my kids...the practical mom that I am means that the kids got shirts, mints and lip balm rather than candy!~  I saved the candy for the table...


I served them these yummy breakfast muffins before school...they were a big hit and I am sure will become a regular breakfast entree around here.


This is a photo from 14 years ago...I displayed it on our mantle for the month and have spent lots of time thinking about how quickly time flies by!






No comments:

Post a Comment