The storms started about 2:30 in the morning on Tuesday night...at first it was just a lot of wind and thunder but little by little it got louder and louder and the lightning got closer and closer. At one point I thought about getting the all kids downstairs but decided against it and tried to go back to sleep...then the hail started and I was wide awake wondering what I should do. Merideth came down and asked to get in bed with us so I said yes and figured if the rest of the kids were sleeping through it they would be fine. In the morning when we woke up we knew it had been one heck of a night. Thankfully other than leaves down and our plants in our garden bent and shredded (but salvageable) and things blown here there and everywhere we had been spared. Our friends not to far away were not so lucky...many of them have to replace roofs, windows, cars, swing sets and anything that was not tied down.

|
No comments:
Post a Comment