Saturday, June 18, 2011

Week One of summer

Our first week of summer was so busy that I did not take many pictures.  It didn't help that I spent much of my free time in the car running kids all around.  I decided to document our week in words only since I hope to make the blog into a book to keep as a memory of our year. The week started with camps... Makenna had soccer camp every morning from 8:30-11...it was the first camp for the girls who are going to move onto select soccer together as a team. She also had her first week of swim team and first swim meet on Friday night.  She rocked it. coming in 2nd in 100 IM, 2nd in backstroke and 5th in freestyle.I am pretty sure that Makenna was either at a friends house or had friends over every single day.  Blake started cross fit training for lacrosse...a one hour kick your butt workout is what he had to look forward to each morning from 9-10.  He would get back into the car exhausted and sweaty from head to toe!!He also has lacrosse one night a week...its called box lacrosse and it is super fun to watch. Blake had fun with his friends and enjoyed a sleepover before they left on vacation.Coulter worked several days and had Melissa over as much as possible since she is leaving for three weeks.  Merideth played with a few friends, started gymnastics class and lived in the pool.  Maddie hung out with friends, got a new job at Sports Clips and started working.  We did manage to have some friends over for lunch and a swim, went to the dollar movies two different times and lathered up with sunscreen so that we could spend some time in the pool in the extreme heat.  I am pretty sure we did a few more things but that it is it in a nutshell...honestly, to busy for me so I hope to slow it down in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment