The tides are changing around here...today I requested my transcripts from Iowa State. I am starting to put together my resume and I need proof that I went to college! I have been out of the workforce for 19 years and sadly its looking like I will need to return once the kids are all back in school. Not sure where the Lord is taking us on all of this but it is time to think differently. Our oldest leaves for college in one year and then from there we have one going every two years before we catch a break for a few years...but by then we will likely be planning weddings! Oh goodness, how did the time fly by so quickly and why oh why did I not enjoy every single moment of having toddlers, little ones and all that goes with getting to be a stay at home mom?...even after hearing other moms say to soak in and let the house go and read more and play more I am pretty certain that I missed some stuff and allowed my to do lists to get in the way of savoring life at its simplest. Today we have three teenagers, a preteen and and a little kid and life is much more complicated and dare I say it, much harder than I ever imagined. So ...here we go...
Excellent reminder to be present in the moment, Dana. What are you planning on doing for work?
ReplyDelete